KVNF, your local community radio station, is looking for a Membership Manager.
This is a part-time hourly position (approx. 28 hrs/wk with room to grow). This position requires strong computer and organizational skills along with the ability to work effectively in a database. As the face of KVNF’s membership, you must be an effective written and verbal communicator with staff, KVNF Board, members, and volunteers. We provide online, multi-day training with CRM specialists to get the candidate acquainted with our fundraising software; learning and engaging with our database is critical to the success of our membership manager. A love of community radio is essential and marketing and/or graphic design experience is also a part of the job at times. This position requires a willingness to be flexible in the work schedule during certain times of the year.
KVNF Membership Manager – Position Description
Major Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Maintaining the membership database using Allegiance CRM Software.
● Processing and tracking membership payments.
● Leading membership communication including renewal/appeal letters, thank you notes, newsletters, and general correspondence.
● Working with staff to lead on-air fundraising planning, coordination, and execution.
● Working with the General Manager to plan and implement membership recruitment and retention strategies.
● Meeting membership income goals through mailings, on-air pledge drives, monthly giving, and exploring alternative ways of increasing membership.
● Assisting with KVNF marketing strategies including social media, creation of print materials and press releases.
● Working with the Major Donor Team and General Manager to develop and execute an effective major giving and planned giving program.
● Assisting with KVNF Events as needed. This may include occasional nights and weekends.
● Participating in various fundraising activities and events on-site and off-site.
● Participating in bi-monthly staff meetings, and meeting with the GM one-on-one on the off weeks.
● Assisting in the office with administrative tasks such as answering phones, giving station tours, etc.
● Engaging in the community as a respectful representative of KVNF.
This position requires strong computer and organizational skills, specifically Microsoft Word and Excel, along with the ability to work effectively on your own and supervise volunteers. Proficiency with various social media platforms, Mailchimp Email software. Training will be provided for specialist CRM software but the candidate must be comfortable submitting help requests with Allegiance or calling Fundraising Support. Familiarity with photo and layout programs a plus. This position requires a willingness to be flexible in the work schedule during certain times of the year.
● Essential Core Competencies: Written Communication, Organizing and Planning, Customer Orientation, Creativity, Data Analysis.
● Essential Physical Functions: Ability to help with booth set-up and take-down when out in the field at events. Ability to help with decorating for events at the station, and set-up for station events. This position is primarily an office job requiring long periods of screen time.
● Equipment used: Computers with specialized software, paper cutter, laminator, printer, shredder.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
● Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
● Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers.
● Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
● Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
For an informal conversation about the position, call Ashley Krest at 970.527.4866. To apply, send a resume, cover letter and reference contacts to Ashley@kvnf.org. The position is open until filled.
KVNF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.