Donate to KVNF in Other Ways
KVNF’s Donation Options Beyond an Out-of-Pocket Gift
Outright Gift from Retirement Plans
As a nonprofit organization, we are tax-exempt and will receive the full amount of what you designate to us from your plan. With a donation you know that it will help keep the programming you rely on well-funded. You can give up to $100,000 from your IRA directly to a qualified charity like KVNF without having to pay income taxes on the money. Please call the office at KVNF if you need more information at 970.527.4866. Thanks so much for considering us! Did you know you can contribute a portion of your IRA’s Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) to KVNF and get a tax benefit? It’s called a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD). It’s easy and it’s a great way to support KVNF. Here are the rules/details:
- You must be age 70-½ or older on the date of the QCD.
- The QCD will count toward satisfying any RMDs.
- QCDs are federally tax free and are limited to the amount that would otherwise be taxed as ordinary income.
- Your IRA custodian must make the check from your IRA payable to North Fork Valley Public Radio, Inc. If you withdraw funds yourself and then make a charitable donation to KVNF, it won’t be considered a QCD.
- Each check will be made payable to North Fork Valley Public Radio, Inc. and will list your name as the donor.
- A QCD may not be used for KVNF Underwriting.
- You will need our EIN number, 84-0755730 and mailing address: PO Box 1350 Paonia, CO 81428. The email to use is firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re interested, we suggest you contact your financial advisor to see if it’s right for you.
Click HERE for information on Planned Giving
Outright Gift of Appreciated Securities:
Gifts of Stock and Securities
Making a donation to KVNF by transferring appreciated stocks and securities is a great way to donate, and you can benefit in two ways. When you give publicly traded stocks to KVNF that have been held long-term (owned for more than one year) you may avoid capital gains taxes. Also, you may take the full fair market value of the gift (on the date it is transferred, rather than the amount you originally paid for it) as a charitable deduction on your income taxes. The gift of securities or mutual funds offers you the chance to support KVNF’s programming while taking the benefit for yourself.
The easiest way to make this kind of gift to KVNF is to have your broker electronically transfer the stock from your account to ours. Here is what you need to know about KVNF:
- Custodian: Charles Schwab
- Broker: Four Seasons Investment Advisors
- Phone #: 970-252-7471
- Account Name: North Fork Valley Public Radio
- Account #: 4447 - 4023
- DTC#: 0164
Once you have made a gift of stock, please notify our Membership person at 970.527.4866 or email@example.com. Please be sure to provide your name and address. This is necessary because electronic transfers of stock are not made in the name of the owner (you,) but in the name of the financial firm. We are only able to provide you with a receipt of your gift if you notify us.
Depreciated Stocks & Securities:
You also have the option of using depreciated stocks and bonds to make a charitable gift to benefit KVNF. If you sell stocks or bonds and donate the proceeds to KVNF you may be able to take a charitable deduction for the full value of the gift, and take the capital loss on the asset.
Please consult your attorney, broker or financial advisor to determine the tax deductions that apply in your case. We do not offer tax advice.