In this Local Motion, we take a look at local water issues, some new infrastructure projects and conservation efforts.
Our region’s water supplier is currently working on a backup drinking water treatment plant in Colona, just on the outskirts of Montrose. The Colorado River District’s Board of Directors unanimously opposed Proposition HH, a ballot measure considering property tax and revenue changes in this year’s statewide election.
President Biden's restoration of Grand Staircase-Escalante and Bears Ears national monuments marked a victory for public lands, but Jonathan Thomson reminds us that the battle for preservation is far from over. A BLM draft resource management plan for the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument proposes restrictions on grazing and vehicle use, but falls short of full conservation. The public's input is crucial to shape the future of these cherished landscapes, Thompson writes.
North Fork High School secured victory in last Friday’s homecoming game, defeating the Cedaredge Bruins. The Food Bank of the Rockies Western Slope branch has expanded its service area to include Ouray County, making it easier for the Ouray County Food Pantry to receive and distribute food to those in need. Colorado teachers, including those in our region, have another opportunity to get funding for classroom supplies.
Latest NPR News
- Looks like we picked the wrong week to quit quoting 'Airplane!'
- Up First briefing: McCarthy's job threatened; how a robot could fight climate change
- Academy replaces Hattie McDaniel's Oscar that's been missing for 50 years
- Lawmakers from both parties promise to take up Ukraine funding in the coming days
- Former President Donald Trump's business fraud trial gets underway in New York
- Nobel Prize goes to scientists who made mRNA COVID vaccines possible
- Computer assess whether an asteroid or volcanic eruption killed off the dinosaurs
- Golfers help South Korea win its first team gold medal in 13 years at Asian Games
The Annual Meeting is Monday, October 23rd at 5:00 PM in Delta. There are 3 candidates running for 2 positions.
Sugar's Pick Oct 2, 2023
This Week's New Releases
The current application window for Fall 2023 is OPEN. Applications are due by Oct. 2nd
of KVNF's locally-produced music programs. Miss your favorite show? Want to hear one again? Find it on-demand here!
KVNF will be at many events this summer, and we will be selling raffle tickets!
KVNF is grateful for our lead business sponsor, Alpine Bank