KVNF 2015 Annual Meeting
The KVNF Annual Meeting is coming up soon, on Thursday, October 15, 2015, at 6:00 pm at the PaoniaTown Hall, 214 Grand Avenue, Paonia, Colorado. This year there are 3 open seats on the Board and 3 Bylaw proposals. If you are a KVNF member, we hope that you will cast your vote AND attend the annual meeting. Your membership and participation is vital, enabling KVNF to remain at the forefront of community radio stations nationwide.
Board Nominees: This year, there were only three nominees to fill the three open seats on the KVNF board of directors:
- Linda Bacigalupi (incumbent), Hotchkiss
- Brian Calvert, Paonia
- Cynthia Hines (incumbent), Crawford
These three members will begin or renew their three-year terms at the annual meeting. Come to the meeting to meet these members; you can also click here to read the candidate statements.
Bylaw Changes: There were three changes to the Bylaws proposed for membership consideration. Click here to read about the proposed changes. If your membership includes a spouse or partner, each may cast a separate ballot. You can print your ballot here and mail it to the station or you can pick up a ballot at the annual meeting on October 15th. The ballot also includes a yes/no vote on the candidates up for election.
For a Mail-in Ballot, mark on your ballot whether you are in favor of, or opposed to, each Bylaw proposals. In order for your mail-in vote to be counted, you must follow these rules:
1. Your completed mail-in ballot must be mailed to KVNF, PO Box 1350, Paonia, CO 81428 or delivered to the station at 233 Grand Avenue, Paonia, CO. It must be received by the end of business (5 p.m.) on Wednesday, October 14, 2015.
2. You must print your name(s) and address in the upper left corner of the envelope or use a return address label. (This allows the election judges to verify membership without opening the envelope.) Do not put your name on your ballot itself.
3. Please write “KVNF Ballot” on the bottom left corner of your envelope, so your membership status can be verified and your envelope WILL NOT BE OPENED prior to ballot counting. To protect your voting identity, election judges will open and recycle all verified envelopes before beginning the process of vote counting.
Thank you again for your participation in this important open meeting process and for your support of KVNF. Remember, also that this year marks our 36th Anniversary. We’re so proud of our mountain-grown, public radio station and hope you are, too!
Pamela Ellison, Board President
Judy Briscoe, Board Secretary